A family law problem can impact every aspect of your life and your family’s lives. Resolving the problem efficiently and quickly is crucial to maintaining relationships. The attorneys at Cate Terry & Gookins, LLC in Carmel, Indiana are premier family law attorneys serving Indianapolis, Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield, Lebanon, Anderson, Kokomo and the rest of central Indiana with practical guidance and zealous advocacy. Our goal is to protect the rights of our clients, while helping them resolve disputes to maintain their well-being and that of their families.
We are skilled negotiators and experienced trial attorneys who provide advice, representation and services to resolve family law matters involving:
- Contested or uncontested divorce: Whether you believe you can resolve the issues in your divorce amicably, or if you expect a fight, our lawyers work tirelessly to obtain results with the least amount of emotional and financial turmoil.
- High Asset Divorce: Cate Gookins & Terry, LLC has experience litigating and negotiating large marital estates that involve large assets. These cases can be complex and require a close attention to detail. If your divorce involves a large amount of marital assets it is critical that you hire an attorney with experience handling high asset divorce cases. Cate Gookins & Terry, LLC can help.
- Protecting business interests: Business valuation in divorce and determining the scope of an individual’s interest in a business or professional association requires complex financial analysis. Our Indianapolis and Hamilton County area lawyers have resources with expertise in business law, real estate and taxation that will ensure your interests are protected.
- Property division: Indiana recognizes the equitable division of property in divorce. Our attorneys will review your unique situation to ensure an equitable property division is obtained in your case.
- Child custody and parenting time: Creating a workable child custody and parenting plan is essential to the well-being of your child. In contentious divorces, this can be one of the most hotly contested issues. We understand that each divorce involves its own family dynamics and we will work to ensure that your rights to child custody and parenting time are protected.
- Child support: Your child deserves a stable household with both parents. We advocate for our clients to ensure they obtain a proper child support award that will serve the best interests of their child(ren).
- Spousal maintenance: In some circumstances our clients may be entitled to spousal maintenance. Obtaining an Indiana divorce lawyer familiar with litigating and negotiating issues related to spousal maintenance is paramount.
- Establishing paternity: Biological fathers seeking parental rights and mothers who want to protect their children’s right to financial support rely on Cate Terry & Gookins, LLC for peace of mind when engaging in paternity matters.
- Grandparents’ rights: Many grandparents who have a strong relationship with their grandchildren are cut out of the lives of the children after a change in family dynamics. We can explain grandparents’ rights under Indiana law.
- Adoption: We help clients start or expand their families as they navigate the adoption process, including step-parent adoptions.
- Termination of parental rights: Parental rights can be relinquished if it is in the best interests of the child. For instance, a stepparent may wish to adopt a child and seek to terminate a biological parent’s rights to allow the adoption. We help our clients determine whether this is in their best interests or in the best interests of the child.
Every family law case is unique to the individual client involved in it. To discuss your situation with an experienced family law attorney and begin building a relationship with them, call the attorneys at Cate Terry & Gookins, LLC, at 317-564-0016 or contact us online.