Estate planning does not have to be complicated, but it should be thorough. Being able to answer the following ten questions in the affirmative can give you the peace of mind that you have taken care of your survivors.
- Do you have an up to date Last Will and Testament?
- Have you made a list of personal property and who is to receive such property?
- Do you have a general durable Power of Attorney in the event of incapacity?
- Have you nominated a health care representative?
- Have you compiled your financial information, including on-line passwords, and told the person responsible for administering your estate where the information is located?
- Have you provided for a guardian of any minor or disabled children?
- Have you named beneficiaries for your life insurance and retirement accounts?
- Have you made a Living Will setting forth your wishes at end of life?
- Have you arranged your assets to provide liquidity for expenses of administration, funeral and taxes?
- Have you determined whether you should have a Revocable Living Trust?
At Cate Terry & Gookins, we help individuals and families craft personalized and effective estate plans. We also help clients through the estate administration and probate process after a loved one has died. Our attorneys understand the sensitivity of the estate planning process and offer clients professionalism and compassion throughout. If after answering the above-questions you determine that your estate plan is not yet done, schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys who will work with you to complete the plan and give your family peace of mind.