Russell B. Cate
Russell, or as many of his clients call him, “Russ”, has built a broad client base over his years of practice. He did not inherit his clients from a another attorney or purchase a practice, rather, he worked hard spending years building relationships with individuals, businesses, and other attorneys to grow his referral network and client base. Russell understands the importance of maintaining these relationships and invests himself heavily into growing them.
One of Russell’s fastest growing practice areas is representation of Automotive Dealerships who trust Russell to advise them on issues related to regulatory and advertising compliance, manufacturer disputes, consumer defense, environmental and employment law. He has a passion for the industry and enjoys working on a personal level with his automotive dealer clients. He often stops by dealerships so he can stay familiar with their ever changing needs in this competitive industry.
Russ’s growing automotive practice does not keep him from litigation. By no means is he a stranger to the courtroom, in fact, most of his time is spent there. As a former deputy prosecuting attorney in Hamilton County, Indiana Russell knows what it takes to be successful in the courtroom. His experience trying numerous jury and bench trials and attending countless hearings has allowed him to become intricately familiar with attorneys and judges in Hamilton County, Indiana.
Born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana, Russell attended Lawrence North High School before heading to Purdue University to obtain his degree in history. After college, Russell completed his law degree at Indiana University – McKinney School of Law in Indianapolis, Indiana and was admitted to the Indiana State Bar in 2007.
Russell currently lives in Noblesville, Indiana with his wife, three children and labrador retriever. He enjoys spending time with his family, hunting (duck, deer, turkey), golfing, traveling, and grilling on his Big Green Egg. Russell is an active member of the Indiana State Bar and his local community.
If you would like to contact Russell about legal services, you may reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Cate Terry & Gookins, LLC at 317-564-0016.
- Indiana, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2007
- Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. – 2007
- Law Review: Indiana Health Law Review, Executive Production Editor
- Purdue University
- B.A. – 2004
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Attorney Fee Dispute Resolution Committee, Committee Chair, 2014-2016
- Law Practice Management Committee, 2015 – Present
- Indiana State Leadership Development Academy, Class II Graduate
- Hamilton County Bar Association, Member
- Hamilton County Leadership Academy, 2015-2016
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters Central Indiana, 2012-2015
- Noblesville Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Fifty Club of Hamilton County, Member, 2014-Present
- Hamilton Southeastern Law & Government Academy, Mentor, 2012-Present
- National Rifle Association, Life Member
- Gensis Church Volunteer, Noblesville Campus