Daniel J. Pfleging
Daniel joins Cate, Terry & Gookins after spending the last twenty-two years as a presiding judge in Hamilton County, Indiana. Daniel served as Hamilton County’s first magistrate from 1995 – 2005. In 2005 Daniel was elected as judge for Hamilton County Superior Court 2 where he presided from 2005 until his retirement in 2016. During his tenure as Hamilton County Superior Court 2 judge, Daniel presided over a major felony criminal docket, complex civil litigation, torts (including personal injury), and complex domestic relations cases.
Prior to taking the bench, Daniel was in private practice. His firm maintained a general practice with an emphasis on criminal and domestic law. Daniel also has experience serving as a deputy prosecuting attorney and public defender for the State of Indiana. Daniel’s practice currently focuses on criminal and domestic litigation. He is also accepting cases as a mediator.
Daniel is actively involved in the community and has coached in the Fishers Youth Soccer League, served as a soccer official for both travel leagues and the Indiana High School Athletic Association. Daniel’s leadership roles have also included being a member of the Hamilton County Community Corrections advisory board and serving on the Stewardship Committee and Parish Advisory Board for Our Lady of Grace Church.
In his spare time, Daniel enjoys running and spending time with his family.
- Indiana, 1974
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1974
- B.S., Indiana University, 1969
- M.S. Indiana State University, 1970
- J.D. Indiana University McKinney School of Law, 1973
- Indiana Judicial College Graduate, 2003
- Hamilton County Superior Court Judge: 2005-2016
- Hamilton County Magistrate: 1995-2004
- Hamilton County Public Defender: 1985-1995
- Hamilton County Deputy Porsecuting Attorney: 1982-1984
- Partner: Christian Waltz Klotz & Pfleging – 1985-2003
- Advisory Board Hamilton County Community Corrections, 2008-2016
- Active Member Our Lady of Grace Church, Noblesville, Indiana